Celebrity News

Princess Kate is getting ‘better’ and would have loved to attend D-Day events, Prince William says

William, the heir to the British throne, was speaking to a veteran at a D-Day anniversary event Wednesday in the English port city of Portsmouth.

LONDON — Kate, the Princess of Wales, is feeling “better,” Prince William said Wednesday, as his wife continues her cancer treatment out of the public eye.

William, the heir to the British throne, was speaking to a veteran at a D-Day anniversary event in the English port city of Portsmouth. After telling William about his experiences 80 years ago, the veteran asked if Kate was getting better.

“She is better, thanks. She would’ve loved to be here today,” said William, 41, leaning down to respond to the wheelchair-bound veteran.

Kate, 42, has not been seen in public since she revealed in March that she was receiving cancer treatment. Kate said in a video that she was undergoing “a course of preventative chemotherapy” on the advice of her medical team.

Kensington Palace, the couple’s official residence, revealed last week that Kate would miss a military ceremony this Saturday that she would usually take part in.

That continued absence means she is also missing the D-Day commemorations.

William gave a speech at Wednesday’s event, as did King Charles III, the monarch’s first in public since his own cancer diagnosis.

The king paid tribute to the “courage, resilience and solidarity” of those who took part in the historic invasion of Normandy, a turning point in the fight against Nazi Germany.

“It is our duty to ensure that we and future generations do not forget their service and their sacrifice in replacing tyranny with freedom,” Charles told the crowd in his address.

Follow live coverage of the D-Day 80th anniversary

Queen Camilla, who joined him at the event on Southsea Common in Portsmouth, could be seen in tears as a veteran recounted his memories of the invasion. Charles also appeared to wipe a tear from his eye at one point.

The king and queen joined other heads of state and world leaders in Normandy on Thursday to mark the day of the landings. They were in Ver-sur-Mer for the U.K. commemorative event at the British Normandy Memorial, along with Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, opposition Labour Party leader Sir Keir Starmer and French President Emmanuel Macron.

William was set to give a speech at the Canadian event at Juno Beach, before joining veterans and heads of state for the official international ceremony on Omaha Beach.

Both Charles and Kate have declined to specify what type of cancer they have or details about their prognosis, although the 75-year-old monarch has attended several engagements since he resumed public duties earlier this year.

It remains unclear when Kate will return to public duties, after revealing her diagnosis in the wake of fervent speculation about her whereabouts following what the palace said was planned abdominal surgery.

Related Posts

Melania Trump Embraces Holiday Spirit While Receiving White House Christmas Tree in Style

The North Portico was filled with holiday tradition on November 24, 2025, but despite the arrival of the towering 18.5-foot fir tree delivered by horse-drawn carriage, the public’s...

Forget Cartoons – Prince William reveals George, Charlotte and Louis ‘love’ THIS iconic 1970s sitcom

Prince William delighted fans with a rare personal insight into family life — revealing that his three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, have become avid...

Right When Archie and Lilibet Step Out in LA, Prince William Says Something That Stuns Everyone About the “Next Generation”

Prince William delivered an inspiring message about responsibility, hope, and future generations during the Tusk Conservation Awards in London on Wednesday — at the same time, Prince Archie...

King Charles ‘so relaxed’ as new Christmas project announced

This year, King Charles will appear in a special festive edition of BBC Radio 4’s This Natural Life. Presenter Martha Kearney travelled to Dumfries House in Ayrshire, the...

Meghan Markle speaks out and denies taking $1.6k dress from photoshoot without asking

Meghan Markle is pushing back against accusations that she kept a designer gown from a photoshoot without permission, after wearing the exact same look again in her upcoming...

Để lại một bình luận

Email của bạn sẽ không được hiển thị công khai. Các trường bắt buộc được đánh dấu *